ProCrew is a partner of IamProperty (UK), one of the largest providers of online property auction services. We believe that success is based on outstanding service, delivered consistently by enthusiastic and visionary people.
- The QA Engineer is a crucial part of our growing Software Development team, who are collectively responsible for building, delivering and maintaining high quality software applications that our staff and customers use daily.
- You will be a critical part of our team, responsible for ensuring that people within the wider business are able to carry out their roles using our applications, without issue.
- As a QA Engineer, your role will predominantly involve the following, however, there may be additional tasks and responsibilities that you are asked to undertake that are reasonable for your position:
- Working with our Solutions Architect to ensure that appropriate acceptance criteria are applied to each User Story, to enable our Developers to “code right, first time”, and to enable you to test effectively.
- Aiding in the design and production of, and subsequently continuously enhance, a fit-for-purpose and scalable testing process for the business, including both manual and automated testing, that you will use as part of your daily role.
- Carrying out end-to-end tests of our releases and applications (including Software and API’s), to ensure that they are working correctly in line with business processes.
- Producing detailed defect reports that enable the Development Team to respond to any issues with their code or where the code does not meet the Acceptance Criteria.
- Educating our Development Team on BDD and TDD; enabling them to write appropriate Unit Tests as part of their development process, which you then use to ensure robustness of the application throughout the testing process.
- Collaborating with the Development Team whilst carrying out Integration and Functional Testing, to ensure that any new functionality works as expected, and in line with the ticketed requirements.
- Ensure robust testing has been carried out and sign off achieved by our UAT Testing Team, and Pre-Production Testing Champion team.
- Making risk-based recommendations on release candidates, based on your testing, to our Applications Change Advisory Board, to enable them to approve or deny a release.
- Working with our IT Service Manager to regularly review statistics on bugs being reported into our Service Desk, in order to continually enhance the testing processes, to prevent re-occurrence following fixes being applied.
- Actively participating in the Applications Change Advisory Board, to identify fallout from any previous release, in order to continually enhance the testing processes, to prevent re-occurrence following fixes being applied.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Time management skills – able to work to tight deadlines.
- A self-starter - able to work as both an individual and as part of a wider team
- Proactive - constantly striving for better.
- Ambitious – setting the bar for quality.
More Than 5 Years
1 Open Position